County Officials and Offices Collection
A collection of portraits, papers, and scrapbooks from Harris County Officials.
Harris County and the Astrodome
Photographs, letters, deeds, plans, and articles that relate to the construction of the Astrodome during the 1960s.
Harris County Boys Home
Documents and photographs of the Harris County School for Boys, which was founded in 1910 and originally located in Seabrook, Texas. Youth Village, in the Clear Lake area, was constructed in the 1960s to replace the Boys School.
Harris County Public Library
Photographs, documents, scrapbooks, and memories from the first 100 years of the Haris County Public Library, which began in 1921.
Harris County School for Girls
Opening September 17, 1914, near Bellaire, Texas, the Harris County School for Girls was the first institution established in Texas for dependent and delinquent girls. The school was known by various names during its history – Harris County Training School for Girls, Harris County School for Girls, the Mary Burnett School, the Bellaire School for Girls, and the Ethel Claxton School.
Home for the Aged Collection
The Home for the Aged Collection features material created by residents and employees of the Harris County Home for the Aged, which was open from 1922 to 1958.
Housing, Neighborhoods, and Transportation Collection
This collection includes records connected to property and transportation in Harris County, be it the Traffic Way Plan for Houston Metropolitan Area and Harris County from May 1939, or early plans for Garden Oaks subdivision or photographs of intersections in East Houston in the 1960s or a photograph of Oscar Holcombe leasing city property along the Ship Channel to the Navigation District in 1922.